My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Monday, September 05, 2005

 



We managed to get away to Blairsville for a few days. I don't think I have heard the kids laugh as much in a long time. You can see their big smiles. We rode horses, tubed, panned for gold, and even strolled through a few antique stores. I took some pictures of our tubing trip with a disposable camera so I will try and post them soon. I don't think I have laughed that much in so long. Will and Heidi were very good entertainment. Ryan hung close to Dad, and they looked like old pros maneuvering down the river. We did the panning on our own. We hiked from our cabin down to a beautiful, clear stream. The kitchen utensils didn't deliver much gold, but boy, did they have fun!! Ryan started his LAST round of Accutane this morning. We were supposed to start yesterday, but I forgot to pick up his prescription last week when we were at the clinic. We are hoping it arrives in tomorrow's mail. We had a couple day's worth left over from the last round. So... his last day of treatment gets pushed back to Sunday the 18th. Please pray that this is indeed the end of his treatment, and that no other treatment will ever be necessary. I have been following another little boy's website.
http://www2.caringbridge.org/fl/jacob/ It looks like they might be getting the miracle they have prayed for. Their story and their faith are just amazing. As I got out and hiked and just sat in the quiet listening to the stream below and the kid's laughing, I kept thinking about Jacob and his family and how much I wish they could have the same opportunity. I am so very thankful for everyday with my family. Another gift from this awful experience. Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++