My Photo
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Sunday, May 14, 2006


Hoping Mom's day was good for you!!

We have been really busy on top of having internet problems, too. Relay for Life was a lot of fun for all of us, especially Ryan. He manned his lemonade stand for a little while, and then, thankfully, his Nanny and Grandaddy took over for him. He was just too busy. As you can see from the picture, he led the survivor lap with Carol Lackey. We saw so many of our friends who have prayed for and supported us a great deal over the past two years. It was a very special night. After he sold lemonade for his school team, he went and supported his good friend, Jena's, team. Heidi is on her team also. He was their Miss Jr. Relay contestant. Well, half of it, I should say. He and Candler, another friend of Jena's from high school, were a pair. They were dressed just alike, and were they ever funny (and pretty!). They raised over $1000 walking around the track in just an hour. So, now he is the Prince of Hope and Miss Jr. Relay-pretty multi-talented, don't you think? It was just after midnight when we got him home and in the bed. He woke up Saturday with a little fever which went down with some Tylenol. We thought he had just overdone it, but he didn't feel like getting off the couch till 6:30 that night. His fever went up again over night, and he finally complained of a sore throat at breakfast Sunday morning. It was a big relief for him to complain of something normal. He started feeling a little better and we took him to Build-A-Bear. He chose a Husky and named him Mason. His fever is back again this evening so we will go and see his pediatrician tomorrow. I am hoping it is just a little virus and will go away. Thanks for checking in on Ryan and keep your fingers crossed for his doctors visit in the morning. Lots of love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++