My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

No Fever this morning!! :0)

I slept like a rock last night, and jumped out of bed this morning to go check on Ryan. He was cool!!! My day has been made already-no, the rest of my week!! He is going to school for at least a little while. I have been thanking God what seems like every minute. I think He and I have an open-ended conversation. I hope He sees it that way, too! It seems like I am praying to him hourly for somebody to feel better, whether it is Ryan, or Jacob, or Mary Evelyn, or Jay and Ethan's mom and dad. My neighbor was just diagnosed with breast cancer, and I have been praying a lot for her and her family lately. I also spend a lot of time thanking him for how well Ryan and so many of his little friends are doing. There are so many reasons to be thankful. There are so many things we take for granted. I hope each of you will take time out today to think of all the things you are thankful for and spend a little time in prayer. Have an awesome day!! Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++