My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Friday, June 29, 2007

 

Just one more day!!




I wanted to put up some pictures of Ryan. Two are from the Lighthouse- his Fear Factor show taken with Melinda and Troy and on the beach with his message in the bottle just before they took it out. The other is when we dropped him off at camp. We are so looking forward to picking him up in the morning. If you check out the camp pictures from Wed., you will see him hanging on Dr. Rapkin's back. Dr. Rapkin is one of his oncologists, and Ryan is just crazy about him. You can tell by the huge grin on his face. Today is 3 years from Ryan's first surgery. Looking back, it was definitely the worst day for me, and that is why I am headed out to make June 29 not seem so bad. Have a great weekend with your family. We are certainly going to!! Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book:
Hi Morgans,

I just wanted to stop by and say hi! I can't believe that it has already been a week since we left Rosemary Beach. I was thinking about you today as I drove through Winder...or around Winder. I'm in Athens visiting one of my friends, and I was in Commerce this morning for one of her bridal showers. I am sure that you are very excited to see Ryan! I'm sure that he had a blast at Camp Sunshine!

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

-Haley Hastings
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++