My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

 

Chemo week



Yesterday was a very heavy day at the clinic. I am sure little Nathan had much to do with that. I had some difficult conversations with Dr. Rapkin and Dr. George. My old and dear friend, Diane, came out and sat with us the rest of the day. She is going back today to play I Spy cards with Ryan and to take him some teriyaki wings. I am so thankful for my good friends. I had to stay home today to take Heidi to an appt. so I am very lucky that my mom and dad could take Ryan for us. One good bit of news was that Ryan's weight was back up over 21 kg. He weighs about 46 1/2 pounds. All of that good Lighthouse food did it! His hgb was already 8.1 so it didn't ever get very high. They will re-do labs tomorrow and probably go ahead and give him red blood on Thursday or Friday. Our plans right now are to go back for the next round after a two week break. I don't know yet anything about harvesting his stem cells, but I do want to get that done. Please keep Ryan in your prayers. The pictures are of his cake (thanks, Nanny!) and at the beach with Macie and Lanne (check out that smile!) . Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++