My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

 

Another very long day

Ryan wasn't feeling very well when he climbed in the car to go this morning. He started feeling better and ate a little, but then got sick. He seemed to feel better after that. He got red blood and got out of there just in time for the Atlanta traffic. Seems like everytime my parents take him he gets blood. That makes for a very long day. My appt. with Dr. O'Regan went very well. She, too, was incredibly nice. I met most of her team. They were all very positive and friendly. They are working to schedule my MRI so I can possibly start treatment as soon as Monday. I have some papers to look over tonight to select a treatment plan. All I have learned over the last 3 years has really prepared me for this. None of it seems too bad. I did have an EKG so they could establish a baseline for my heart function. This is one of those tests that Ryan hates because of the sticky buttons. I left some of mine on so he could see them and take them off for me. He thought that was pretty cool. Hopefully, tomorrow will go better for him. We have open-house at school and the kids start on Friday. I could really use an extra couple of weeks! Thanks for checking in on us. Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++