My Photo
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007


"I am going to do very well"

Ryan's chemo is going ok. He started chemo Monday with a platelet count of 52k. They will recheck his counts during the week to see if he needs either red blood or platelets. He was asleep when we got there on Tuesday (after a horrific ride in traffic) so I got a wagon in the parking deck and loaded him in. He stayed in the wagon pretty much all day just watching TV. Thank you, Julie and Lori Peck, for bringing me lunch and for the treats for us. They played Deal or No Deal and kept Ryan company while I went to my appt. Thank you, Kellie, for staying with him and taking him for Mongolian Beef. He and Will ate their take-out order after football last night. My appt. with Dr. Wood went incredibly well. He was so very nice and thinks I am going to do very well. He said he would rush the start of my treatment more for my mental health than out of any sense of medical urgency. He wants me to have an MRI because of my age. I don't know when, yet. I am anxious to hear about the chemo options today. I just got home in time to take Will to his football scrimmage. Ryan worked as his team's "water-boy" and had a great time. He was so funny to watch filling the bottles and taking them around to all the boys. He kept the sidelines "tidied" like his daddy would. I am so glad he got that gene. Will worked hard in spite of continually lining up against the star player of the other team. He is going to the clinic today with Ryan and my parents. I will post again after I find out about my chemo. Thanks for checking in on us. Please continue to pray for Ryan and his friends Taylor, Luke, Hannah, and so many others fighting hard. Please pray for a cure for all cancers. Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++