My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

 

More @#$% in my backpack, Smith!


Ok, SuperRyan first- His white count today was only .5 so we are watching him for fevers. None so far, hopefully we will get through this round without it. He seems to feel good and even made it to Toys R Us to spend a gift card for a new bike ramp. He was thrilled to get his dirt bike going.

Now, me-ugh!- I am still in disbelief. I have been taking care of a lump in my breast with ultrasounds, second opinions, and the like. Neither of the surgeons I saw were too alarmed about it, and it hurt. Everyone said that if it hurt, that was a good sign that it wasn't cancer. So much for that! I will learn more at my appt. tomorrow, but I am looking to get a referral to a dr. in Atlanta rather than Athens. I just think that might be easier with all the trips we make down there for Ryan. I don't know what the course of treatment might be, but I do know that it is not going to take my focus off of Ryan and his needs. We have worked hard to keep cancer away from our everyday life, and we don't want that to change. It will be a struggle to keep him from seeing the effects of it in me and not worry himself sick. So, thank you for your emails, posts, and phone calls. Thank you mostly for your prayers. Please pray for a quick treatment and that we can minimize the negative impact that it will obviously have on Ryan, and Heidi and Will.
Love, Les and Missy

Guest Book:
Hi Missy,

It's Nancy Vinson from the Lighthouse. I just stopped by to see how Ryan was doing. I was shocked to read about your news. I'm sorry you have yet another challenge to deal with. You are strong and so seems your support system. I will include you, Ryan and your family in my prayers.

Take good care...
Nancy
 
Hi Morgan Family,

This is Alayna Brooks from your first Lighthouse this summer. I was so sad to read this news, it jsut seems so unfair! But I know y'all will make the best of it, and I will pray for a quick and easy treatment. We pray for your whole family every day. Hang in there!
Love,
Alayna, Steve, Levi, Sam, Lily-Grace, & Joey brooks
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++