My Photo
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007


Writing on the wall

We headed down to Scottish at 6:30 hoping to be out by 1pm - ha ha... Ryan spent the first 2 hours drinking his Gatorade/contrast cocktail. He always does such a great job with that. He got his IV at 9:45 just as planned and we had labs drawn (those numbers came back good). We thought we could have his nuclear injection done at the same time because they can't perform that scan until 3 hours after. They opted to hold off on that until his CT scan was complete. I wish all scans were as simple as the CT ! We finished with the CT and they gave Ryan his isotope injection. Last one for the day so we got to remove his IV. With 3 hours to kill, we went and had lunch at Cheese Burger in Paradise and then a little shopping at Perimeter Mall. At the fountain, Ryan made his usual wish, " I wish Sandy and Tiger (our old dog and cat) would come back from heaven, only this time they could talk and that they would get along with Mackey". It's always the same, he's never asked for this burden to be lifted from himself. It's always a heart breaker. We got back to Nuclear at 1:45. There is a wall under construction in the little waiting area. Just roughed in dry wall where kids have been drawing pictures, writing thank you notes and signing their names, so I asked Ryan if he would like to sign his name. Well this is what he did...He drew a picture of a hospital in a pot that was boiling over an open fire. He drew himself with devil horns stirring the pot and wrote below it "I hate this place" SR (superryan) He has always been one to speak exactly how he feels and I don't think he held back this time. Nuclear turned into a 3 hour set of scans and re-scans. It is so very difficult for anyone to lay motionless for long periods of time. Ryan is such a good little boy. He brings a shining light with him where ever he goes, even strangers are drawn to him like they've known him for years. We all love Ryan so very much...just wish he would knock out those darn multiplication tables!!! Thanks again for holding Ryan in your thoughts and we hope to get good news from todays scans by Friday. One other thing, please check out this You Tube video...The images shown are a small sample of what these brave children live with everyday. It really says it all... Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book:
Good for people to know.
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++