My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

 

No fever last night!!



Here are a few pictures from Family Camp. Yes, that's me in my wig! The news from Ryan is no fever over night! Hip, hip, hooray!!! We are hoping he will get to come home today-more like counting on it. No word on his counts this morning. I wish I had had my camera yesterday morning when he was flying his little helicopters with his Dad-the biggest smiles I have seen in a while. It made a great start to all of our days. My chemo ran smoothly yesterday, but long. I went ahead and made appts for the last two rounds and that is a good feeling. I also made an appt to see the surgeon when I go back in two weeks. I want to get the surgery scheduled ASAP. Over Christmas break would be ideal. It would give me some time to recover. They are trying to schedule an MRI for me next Monday just to make sure we are where we want to be. I will post again if I hear Ryan is coming home. Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++