My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Monday, November 05, 2007

 

White cells, where are you??

Uuuuuugggghhhhhh!!!!!!! I am so frustrated and I know Ryan is too. He had fever at midnight last night of 102. They have been able to stop the Lortab and just use Tylenol. I think his mouth might be feeling a bit better, but he isn't eating anything. I hate for him to lose any weight. There has been no budge in his counts. I am hoping his white count is getting used up by the repairs to his mouth from the chemo. His platelet count has dropped to 10 this morning so he may get platelets today. We were able to get out of the hospital for several hours yesterday. He spent the last of his birthday money that he has been holding onto at Toys R Us. He will be trying to fly a remote control helicopter today with his Grand-daddy, I just have a feeling. I hate to leave him, but I have an appt. at Emory for my chemo today. Please pray that his white count will make a good jump tomorrow and we can start thinking about going home. Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++