My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Friday, February 29, 2008

 

I am finally home.

First let me update you on the kids: Ryan had labs drawn today and we got a call from Erika before he even made it back home. His ANC is high enough to start chemo on Monday, but he will only get it every other day. Will went back to school on Thursday and seems like he is back to his old self. Heidi has managed to not get sick, but I don't know how. She just must be exhausted. She has had soccer and/or basketball every night. She played in the varsity game tonight (I got to see half!) and then she and her daddy left for Savannah. Please pray for their safe journey. Les also has managed to not get sick. I know he will be so glad when I am feeling better and he doesn't have to be the bus driver all by himself. :) I got to come home today around lunchtime. It has been a pretty miserable few days. I am so thankful that Les and Karen took me to the ER at Emory though. I haven't had any fever since my surgery. I am on oral antibiotics and go back to see my surgeon next Tuesday. My chemo for Monday has been cancelled indefinitely. They won't do chemo with these drains in due to the risk of infection. Dr. Losken thought I would keep them for four weeks. Please pray that the infection continues to clear up on these new meds and causes me no more trouble, and please pray that Ryan's chemo schedule will continue to do what we need it to and keep his cancer away. That is the most important thing. Thank you for checking in on us and lifting us up in prayer. Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++