My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

 

This may sound crazy...

... but the good news is that Ryan has the flu! They are headed home. No sense hanging out at SR. There really isn't anything they can do. So long as they know the cause of the fever, he is ok to come home. Hooray!! He did get a good night's sleep. I talked to him early this morning and he was just a chatterbug! I was in the ER at St. Mary's until after 2 am. Ugh! I haven't been doing a very good of drinking fluids to wash the chemo out of my system. I will be in touch with Emory today. I just feel like dirt, and let me just say that I don't like it! Today is going to be better though because my family will all be under the same roof. There just isn't any better medicine than that. Thank you for your prayers. Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++