My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

 

Lunchtime panic


Check out our little soccer star! This afternoon we really didn't expect him to play tonight. I got a call from school that he was having some terrible tummy pains, and fortunately I was headed there anyway and was only minutes away. Thank you Pat, Carla, Donna, Valerie, and Brandi for taking such good care of him. We are so lucky to have friends at his school that love Ryan dearly. He was complaining that he felt weak and since his hemoglobin was 7.9 on Friday I decided we would head down to the clinic for some blood. The other key part of this is that his buddy Max, who came home with us yesterday to play, was home with a tummy bug. I figured if he was going to be sick, some red blood would make him feel a whole lot better. He fell asleep in the car within minutes and never complained with his tummy again. His hemoglobin was 8.7 at the clinic and he seemed fine. We basically turned around and came home. I am just glad he is feeling ok. His team squeaked out a win in the last minute of the game.
As far as Mackie goes, we haven't heard anything. Ryan has cried a few times and misses him. I am just mad that a) I spent $175 on the dog the week before (typical, eh?) and b) that Mack was a good dog and we had been through three other dogs before we found a good one!
I want to thank everyone at our school, all the Speech Therapists in the county, and Bethlehem Baptist Church for all the food they have sent to the house. They have kept us fed (more like fat and happy!). We feel so blessed to have so many friends who care about us. I go back to Emory on Monday and hopefully get Round 2 of chemo. If it goes as I hope, I will be back on schedule for round 3 and 4 every other Monday-then I will be finished!! Well, except for radiation and the rest of my reconstruction. It will be so great to be done with it all. I know that day will come if I just keep moving forward. Thank you all for checking in on us. Thank you for your prayers for all of us. Please pray, also, for our little friend, Luke, who is in Philadelphia getting the MIBG therapy. Happy, happy Easter! Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++