My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

 

Want some candy?


Just a quickie before we all head out. We had a great Easter on Sunday with a delicious lunch at my Mom and Dad's. The kids had a great time with their cousins. Ryan spent the night there since Les was leaving at 5:30 Monday morning and me at 6:30. He ended up staying home from school with a sore throat. Unfortunately, with a white count of 1.something, he is likely to catch every little germ that floats by. I went back to Emory and Dr. O'Regan thought I looked pretty good for all that has happened. I did get chemo, but only after four or five attempts at getting an IV. I honestly lost count. I only have two more rounds to go so my arm has to hold out until then. I sure wish I had gotten a port and highly recommend it to anyone starting out on this journey. I do have a strategy for next time and that is to drink plenty of fluids before going to plump up my veins. All the kids have soccer tonight so it will be a busy one shuffling them all from here to there. Heidi finished her JV soccer schedule last night, so things should be lightening up for her a good bit. This weekend in the Perfectly Polished formal, and this year Ryan and my Mom and Dad are going to watch Heidi and Will strut their stuff. I will post pictures next week. I also want to thank Reid Crowe for his participation and for honoring Ryan in this weekend's marathon and half-marathon that benefits the Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research. You can visit Reid's website and make a donation. We hate that we have been so late donating and posting, but you know what it has been like. We were thrilled that we got to help him reach his goal. So much for a quickie! Now I'm late! Have an awesome day! Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++