My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

 

Fun in the Bubbly Tub


Ryan had a brief episode of pain yesterday. It happened in the car when my Dad was taking him to their house. It only lasted a few minutes and the pain seemed to ease over a bit. He rested on the couch for awhile, but bounded up soon after asking for some of his Nanny's hotcakes. He got to play with his cousin, Nick, who is out on spring break this week. They had a great time and he wasn't ready for me to pick him up when my chemo was over. I had a better day this time. I had drank lots of water and it seemed to help. Only two sticks to get my IV. Three down, one to go! I called and made an appt. to meet with a radiation oncologist in Athens. I want to get that started as soon after the chemo is over as I can. May 5 is my goal. Karen and I did sneak in a little fun-shoe and hat shopping at Loehmann's!! No new cute sandals for me-my toe is still not pretty to look at-but I did walk away with three new spring hats. Ryan and I will be at school tomorrow. We are both a little nervous, but I know everyone will be looking out for him. He needs his sense of normalcy and routine. If it doesn't work out, we can look into the home bound teacher again, but we need to give it a try. Please keep praying that a) the pain doesn't come back; b) the gamma knife completely killed that spot; and c) his cancer never comes back EVER! Thank ya'll so much for your uplifting messages. You don't know what a difference it makes in our daily lives.

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++