My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

 

He is doing better.

This round is finished. He is de-accessed and happy. Ryan has done much better the last couple of days with the nausea. The visiting nurses were great-super nice. He will have two weeks off and do it again. We have talked to some other moms whose kids have taken these chemo drugs and they seemed to tolerate it well and even kept their hair. I know Ryan would like to keep his. Please lift him up in prayer that it is doing the job we need it to. I seem to be brewing another infection. I went to see a doc in a box in Athens yesterday and got a shot in my bum and a prescription for more antibiotics. Hopefully, that will keep it down until I see my doctor who I will be calling tomorrow. I really don't want to land back in the hospital! Thanks for checking in on us and for your prayers. Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++