My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

 

Relay Fun




Last night was our local Relay for Life. It got pretty chilly, but we all had a great time. Ryan had his lemonade stand again, and got two checks for CURE! All the stuff is still piled in the back of my car this morning and I have no idea how much he raised for Relay. We'll get around to that later today. Heidi made some awesome luminaries for Ryan, as you can see. I was very touched by how many luminaries there were for the two of us. We walked the survivor lap together with our friend, Lillie. We sure missed Jena this year. She came by last week while she was home for a school break. It was great to see her. Thank you, Jena, for all the treats for Ryan. Will walked with me on the team lap, as well as Ryan's 3rd grade teacher and her family. They are moving to Pennsylvania this summer, and we are sure going to miss them.
Ryan is feeling well for the most part. I thought I was headed to the pediatrician with him on Friday for a sore throat, but he said it only hurts in the morning, so it is probably just allergies. Heidi had strep throat a couple of weeks ago, and I certainly don't want him to get that. I am a third of the way through with radiation. Four more weeks to go! Ugh! It isn't bad, just inconvenient and tiresome. I am slathering on creams trying to keep my skin from getting burned. I am looking rather tan on the one side! The exciting part is that my hair is finally coming back! I can't wait to be able to get rid of my wig. Ryan is scheduled to start chemo on Monday, but we are going to put it back a week. He has to be off chemo 3 weeks for the 8H9 and we are just trying to time everything right for that to start in June. Please say prayers that his cancer is gone or at least being still. He is going to have an MIBG either here or in NY, not sure yet where. All that is being worked out between our docs here and those in NY at Sloan. Thanks for checking in on us. Have an awesome weekend. We are going to enjoy a weekend with no soccer or swim meets! Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++