My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Friday, June 27, 2008

 

Big Smiles at Camp Sunshine!

We don't have any more info to share on the medical front. We still haven't heard on his marrows and we don't have dates for anything coming up. I guess we will be hearing in a little while about his platelet count. We have sure missed him this week while he has been at camp. We have looked everyday for pics of him on the camp website, and finally found some yesterday. There was a picture of him from Wednesday with a major pie in the face, and one from Thursday of him dancing with one of the female counselors. He had big smiles in both, and that's what counts. We are certainly excited about picking him up tomorrow morning. We aren't too sure of what the weekend holds, but it will be fun!
I have had a sore neck and back ever since we got back from the beach so I am going for a massage with my friend, Karen,--thanks to Anna's Angel Fund. Anna and her mom are friends from Camp Sunshine. They sent me a gift certificate at Spa Sydell last year when I was diagnosed, but I haven't been able to go yet. Visit her site to read a great story about a teenage girl that faces many challenges from her brain tumor, but does such great things for others. I am going to think about them while I get a great massage today. Thank you, Anna!
I will update when I have more info about the upcoming surgery. Thanks for checking in and for praying for Ryan and all of us. Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++