My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Friday, September 26, 2008

 

Oh-Rion (think about the stars)




Ryan, Dad, and our friend, Smith, got off on their hunting trip today. Ryan was pretty excited when I talked to him just now. He shot two deer tonight! Yikes! I can't believe he actually did it, but the photo proves it, I guess! I'm just glad he is having fun. We got an email from Dr. Kramer who is hoping we get to NY pretty soon. Please say a prayer that Ryan's platelets go up enough to make the trip.

Heidi, Will, and I went to the AHS Homecoming game. It was a solid win and a fun night with friends. For half a second, Heidi thought Dixie was in the garage when we raised the door as we pulled in. :( She is reffing two soccer games tomorrow and Will has a game at noon. Then, it's nails, hair, and more fun girly-stuff getting ready for the Homecoming dance. Watch for pictures!!

I went to a doc-in-a-box today. I was really worried I had pneumonia. My cough has been so bad lately I can't catch my breath. He gave me a script for an antibiotic, cough syrup, and an inhaler. I've never used one, but it can't be too complicated, can it?

Here is a beautiful tribute to our friend, Taylor. I just love all the pictures!

Please continue to pray for her family. I know they miss her more than any of us can imagine.

I'd also like to ask for prayers for one of our neighbors. Mrs. Carey had to have surgery to remove pressure on her spine, and may not be able to walk again. Her family has been through so much, and they are all such strong people. They have always been so kind to us. I will always remember that we were with her when we first heard about the Twin Towers being hit on 9/11. She was giving Ryan cowboy boots!

We've had lots of requests from the nicest people offering to help with the hunt for Dixie and just wanting to do something for Ryan. If you'd like to send something you can send it to: 4850 Golden Parkway, Suite BPMB 425Buford, GA 30518. Les and I aren't very good at asking for help or even accepting it, but know how touched we are by everyone's sincere desire to help us. And don't ask my parents about that whole asking for help thing. :) They do so much for us to relieve some of the burdens of just day to day stuff, and we are so very grateful!!

The alarm system was installed yesterday, and we are still getting used to it. I am so afraid of setting it off! Thanks for checking in on us and for your prayers. We love ya'll! Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan



Guest Book:
Missy, if you would like some picures of Ryan from Lighthouse, please let me know, I have quite a few with him in them and I know you lost your pictures...we're pulling they find everything for you, even up here in NY, people were checking out the news down there and were appalled.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++