My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Monday, February 16, 2009

 

Fun at the Circus




Here are just a few shots from the Circus on Saturday. The kids had a great time. Their cousin, Nick, came in Heidi's place. I can't believe I have missed her first three games! She's got a home game on Friday and I definitely plan on being there to watch her play. Les and I went to dinner and a movie for Valentine's. I don't think we've ever done that before, certainly not in a long time. I had to take a nap first so I could stay awake that late! We've enjoyed a nice day off today. I took the boys to see Pink Panther and we stopped at Chucky Cheese to play a few games. Dinner is just about ready, but I wanted to get these pictures on the blog real quick. I need to have accomplished something today! :) Have a great week. Thanks so much for your prayers for Ryan. He hasn't complained of his arm anymore. He has one more day of Accutane and then his sweet lips get a break. Thank Goodness! Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++