My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

 

Happy Valentine's Day!

Ryan's spunk is back. He is feeling much better and was back at school today. I guess we've had our heads in the sand. It hadn't occurred to us that today was the last day before Valentine's and the kids would have their parties. I don't even know if his class exchanged Valentine's. A few knocked on my door and brought me candy and cards. They are all so sweet. He had a nice surprise after school hanging on the mailbox. Jena's mom had delivered a package from Jena of candy and a cute STUFFED weiner dog. Thank you, Jena and Jenifer! We miss ya'll! The kids are out of school tomorrow and Monday. I have to work tomorrow so Les is taking the day off to take care of them. We're having the furnace and heat pump replaced tomorrow, too. The system is about 20 years old and is on it's last leg. I guess that's my Valentine's Day present (and my birthday, my anniversary, and probably Christmas!). Just kidding. Those of you who know Les, know he doesn't worry too much about money. It's just not something he stresses over. Well, I am glad it's Friday. We've got tickets to the Ringling Bros. Circus on Saturday. I'm bummed that Heidi wants to play her soccer game, but she is old enough to make that choice. The boys' cousin Nick is going to come with us. I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks for checking in on us. We're all doing so much better. Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++