My Photo
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009


Quick? At the hospital?

I still can't believe how quickly everything went today at the hospital. My dad drove us down and we had very little traffic. Even on the way home at 5:00 we managed to zip through pretty quickly. We even made it to pick Will up from soccer practice at the right time. The day at the hospital started off badly when Ryan wanted an IV instead of his port access. The nurse really wanted to do the port access as it's a sure thing so I made the executive decision to go with it. Hey, when you've got a nurse standing there ready to go sometimes you've just gotta go with it. We even skipped the Emla. He wasn't too happy, but I can tell you that we have put Emla on his port for almost 5 years and I never put anything on mine, and it DOESN'T hurt! He was pretty mad at me, but after a quick text to Morris and his arrival on the scene, all was fab-u-lous. Thank you, Morris!! He stayed the rest of the time and even walked us all the way to the elevator playing and laughing with Ryan the whole time. I think my Dad was pretty amazed at him. He has such a gift with all the kids and CHOA is darn lucky to have him. I, personally, don't even think he needs to have a job. He just needs to be there to play with the kids. Like I said, the nurse was right there to access him, and then Toni was right there ready for the injection. It was all in record time. And-he was all smiles when we left. I hope tomorrow goes as well-the results anyway! I don't care if the rest goes to heck in a handbasket, I'm just after a good dark scan. Please pray with us for just that. Thank ya'll so, so very much for your love, support, and many, many prayers. We feel the strength everyday that comes from ya'll. Love, Les, Missy, Heidi, Will, and SuperRyan

Guest Book:
I dream of quick days at the hospital almost as often as I dream of dark chocolate. Hoping Ryab will be completely "in the dark."

Thanks for joining The Erin Project. I think I love your whole family, top to bottom, even though we have never met.

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++