My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

 

Praying for good scan results

Fighting cancer is so very hard. Ryan popped out of bed this morning and followed me out the door to the car. He had planned to come to work with me but he has been feeling so nauseous lately I didn't think he'd be up to it. And he wasn't. He was either sleeping or throwing up at the office and continued at home, even after meds. He wants to go back tomorrow, we'll see. He says he wants to start playing golf ! If he comes back, he wants to hit the sporting goods store to pick up the necessary clubs, bag and golf shirt :) He cracks me up.
Will spent the day at the farm and came home looking much better. I believe he may be finally on the road to recovery and could very well be back to school full time next week. His two soccer teams may have to wait a little longer.
Missy had a CT scan yesterday and the results will be in in the morning. I'm hoping she will wait to call the Dr. until she gets home. I just have such an uneasy feeling about it. It's making my stomach queasy. I am praying hard tonight for clear, clean results. It has to be agonizing for her. She is attending a conference today and tomorrow on the other side of Atlanta so we expect her home by 5 tomorrow. I hope she's having fun with her friends that went with her.
So I will ask all of you to join me in pleading our case to the good lord above to bring us the results Missy and our family needs. I thank you for that. Les, Missy, Heidi, Will and SuperRyan

Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++