My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

 

Tribute Video Updated

Missy and Ryan

What a great job Julie !
Thank you xo

Guest Book:
What a beautiful tribute. I learned of your family through Ginger Kindred and have been following your story since. I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with your family and just know that so many people that you don't know and will never meet are thinking about Missy and Ryan. I am sure that there are hundreds of people that their story has touched. Thank you for sharing your amazing and beautiful family with everyone. God Bless.

Donna Stephens
Olympia, WA
 
I watched the tribute video and cried for your loss. I am so, so sorry. I don't understand why things like this have to happen. Why couldn't the stupid jerks that stole that little boy's puppy die instead? Life makes no sense to me. Yes, it is a wonderful world, but it is less wonderful now that Missy and Ryan are gone from it.

Your other 2 kids will be OK because they have their daddy. May God comfort and bless you through this time of grief.

R
 
Thank you for sharing this beautiful video celebrating your family's life. You have many happy and precious memories. Missy and Ryan will always be in your hearts. I know you gain strength knowing that they are together. God bless all of you.
 
Dear Morgan Family:

Thank you so much for sharing Missy and Ryan with us. To think of losing both a wife and a son within days of one another is just incomprehensible. I won't pretend to know what you're experiencing, but I can, with all honesty, say that I would take some of your pain upon myself if that were possible to do. I don't know why you were chosen to walk this difficult path, but I do know that God is always faithful, and if you'll let Him, He'll help you get through this. I will continue to remember your family in my prayers for a long time to come, and hope that I one day have the distinct honor of getting to meet you, Les. You are one remarkable man, and I admire you for the courage you've exhibited in going through this nightmare. Please post an occasional update and let us know how you are getting along.

Your friend always,
Scott Rogers
Smoky Mountains
East Tennessee
 
I just found out about your family through a Carringbridge post from Makensie Carter. God will surely bless your family and help you through your losses if you have that hope and trust. I can't imagine your family's pain. I just read "90 minutes in Heaven" yesterday. It's a true story by Don Piper, a Baptist minister who actually died and went to Heaven for 90 minutes. When I read your story and the comment of Ryan's mom waiting for him with open arms, I realized this was exactly how Don Piper described the event. Please have your family and friends read the book so they can truly rejoice and look forward to the day they join your loved ones. I'll certainly send prayers to heaven in your family's behalf. Again, I'm sorry because I know there are just no right words. But celebration is what is happening in heaven right now and you can know they are together and waiting for the day they greet you all when you join them. Hold tight and don't loose your faith!!
In Christ's love,
Marian Smith
Clarksville, IN
 
The tribute is wonderful...some photos made me sad, but others I was smiling.
Your love as a family is evident.

Smiles coming your way from your cousins in Canada.

Love Janet and Doug, Great Aunty Jeanne and all of the Twetens
 
There are no words...heartfelt prayers for your beautiful family.

Shirley
NJ
 
I watched your video the other night and thought it was beautiful. I believe you are having your memorial today so I watched the updated one. I am so impressed by how your family LIVED each day - you did more in those short years than most people live in a long, long lifetime. What wonderful memories you have - you are truly an imspiration to me and I'm sure many more. Thank God you have the peace of knowing that you will see Missy and Ryan again. In all things God is good and He will be with you through your heartache. My prayers are with you.

Alvina Compas
 
Your Caringbrige Friends are thinking of you this weekend and praying for Strength and Peace.
 
Dear Morgan Family,
I just read your story in the local newspaper and watched your tribute. I can't even begin to imagine what all of you must be going through right now. It has given me a new perspective on just how valueable life is and important all of those little moments spent together as a family really are. My prayer for you is that our Lord and Savior will wrap his tender arms around you all and bring you comfort. Just as he has welcomed Missy and Ryan into paradise. My thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless You!
 
Good Morning Morgan family, Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so very sorry for your loss.

God bless


Debbie/Angel_Wings
 
Thinking about the entire Morgan family right now during the service even though I am in Texas.

I'm sending sincere expressions of warmth and love your direction. Please take the time to be gentle with yourself and with each other. Try to find time to talk to each other. Know that many people are holding you up and hoping that as the road in front of you opens up you will find new, fantastic discoveries about Missy and Ryan every day.

VB
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++