My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Monday, August 24, 2009

 

Day by day

We have been settling into the new routine. Staying busy doing all the things that need to get done and deep into the new soccer season. We got Will's Pass Port application filled out and turned in today. We are going to Vancouver Island for Christmas and a little skiing. Smith and Julie are going to come with us. Very excited about the trip ! I'm going to Vegas over the long weekend to hang out with Jimmy and his family. No partying though !! (ha!) We are also planning a few days in Orlando to hit the Water Parks. We had to ditch them the last time we were there so this will be a make up trip.

Heidi and Will have been sooo helpful to me. Above, Heidi is whipping up a batch of her famous brownies !
She is such a smart, intuitive and resourceful young lady. I'm very lucky to have both of them. Very lucky to have great memories of Ryan and Missy to get me through the slow times and evenings. I have to say marriage is far better than being single, I highly recommend it....you singles will thank me for that little piece of great advice ! ;-)
Well, I'm falling asleep here !!!
Good night to all of our family and friends. Les, Heidi and Will



Guest Book:
I have been reading your blog for a bit now and am very excited to hear that you are going to be on Vancouver Island.. I was born and raised there (the North tip) until I moved to the Lower Mainland when I was 19. It is beautiful and the mountain that I'm guessing you are going to had so much snow this last Christmas it was crazy.. I'll probably be driving past the mountain while ya'll are there.. (home for Christmas and then a family vacation in Victoria area) Enjoy.. I have been praying for your precious children and you.. I can't imagine..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++