My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Saturday, August 01, 2009

 

Not invincable









Last night, my buddy Rick and I took Heidi and Will and a few of their friends, on a prearranged Braves baseball extravaganza. A massive 14 passenger SUV Limo picked us up at the house for a crazy ride to the Varsity where we all stuffed ourselves with burgers, dogs, fries and onion rings. Back into the Limo and dropped off at the Braves entrance where we were met Jessica Carlyle, she handed out Braves gear for everyone! After the game, she took us onto the field for a great view of an extensive fireworks show. We loaded back up and hit McDonald's in the Limo for fun :) What a great night. Thank you Kristin Connor and the whole gang at Cure, Kim Hudson, Jessica Carlyle and the Braves. Fantastic.
Our awesome swim team held and charity event this morning for The Lighthouse and Cure Childhood Cancer, Missy's two favorite organizations. Close to 100 swimmers participated. All had custom T-shirts " SuperMorgan Charity Splash 2009". It was very successful. Thank you to all the sponsors, The Barracuda Booster Club, First Baptist Church of Bethlehem, Church at Winder, Handbags by Diana, Maynard & Bartlett Realty, Ricky Robinson Heating & Air, Debra Robinson, Bently's Photography, Dr. Sharon Taylor and the Winder YMCA. What a large event to make happen so quickly !
I want to thank my newest friend Tim Cash. He facilitated The Mall of Georgia Honda buying back Missy's car today. I really didn't need the hassle of trying to sell it. It was too easy!
Karen came over to help me with Missy's office and the years of paper, documents, files, pictures, cards and on and on that she had accumulated. It was a huge job, but we got 95% of it done.
After having such a productive day, I have never felt such incredible sadness since losing them. I thought I was doing so well , then to get so overwhelmed to the point I could not hardly breath. It was far to much done in too short a time...then suddenly alone, to sit and reflect. It makes me so mad and so very sad. Heidi came in and sat down beside me and my fortitude returned. I get so much strength from Heidi and Will. I just need to keep them close.
Missy and Ryan had the best friends and family in the world, and that love has made it's way, full force to us. For that, I am thankful. We do love you all. Les, Heidi and Will

Guest Book:
I am so sorry for your loss...I found your blog while reading another blog today...I spent a good part of my day reading Ryan and Missy's blog. I don't even know what to say. Just take care of yourself and your kids, the rest will take care of its self. Just take one day at a time, put one foot in front of the other. Live life as Missy would have wanted you to, full of happiness.
 
Thinking about you all often! Please let me know if there is anything I can do...even from 700 miles away! Wish we were closer and could do something to feel somewhat involved.

Glad to see the Braves pictures and the smiles! They are beautiful and Ryan and Missy live on through the smiles of you and all who loved them!
 
Dear Les, Heidi and Will,

I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I found Ryan's blog through Sarah Smith's page, a young lady I have followed many years now. Through your words and photos, I can see you have a family that is so filled with love. My heart breaks for each of you that you will now have to carry on without your precious mother/wife and son/brother, it is truly unimaginable. I know that you will carry each of them in your heart forever, I believe they are truly still with you...until you meet again. In the meantime, I know you will honor them both by LIVING your lives to the very fullest, even though it can never be as it once was. I don't know why such good people have to leave so early...you are in my thoughts and prayers...bless you....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++