My Photo
Name:
Location: Athens, Ga, United States

Our son Ryan was diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma in 2004. In 2007, my wife Missy was diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. On July 8th, 2009, Missy lost her battle to this horrible disease. 2 days later, on July 10th, Ryan also lost his. Together forever, they both watch over our family now from the heavens above. Below is our families journey through Ryan's treatments, along with the joy and laughter we tried to instill into our daily lives. Those days helped us all cope with the pain and suffering that comes with cancer and it's deadly treatments. Both Missy and Ryan endured high doses of chemo, radiation and surgeries. Over 150 nights spent in the hospital and many, many more days. More transfusions than I could count. Yet both Missy and Ryan took on each day with a positive attitude and warm smile for all their friends. We miss them terribly. They will always be a shining light in our lives.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

 

Thanksgiving ??

I am not thankful that cancer has taken the lives of Missy and Ryan. I am not thankful that billions of dollars later, her breast cancer was not curable. I am not thankful for the minuscule amount of money that is available to research far better children's cancer treatments. I am not thankful my house is spotless all the time. I am not thankful my life is so simple. I am not thankful that I can hardly see this darn keyboard right now!!...
I am thankful for Heidi an Will. I am thankful for the unbelievable support I have from Missy's and my family. I am thankful for all of our friends that continue to support us and keep our lives light hearted and full of smiles. I am thankful for Missy's insistence that her family moves forward, and treasure the great memories we all made together while she worked tirelessly to built the strong foundation that is serving us so well today and will through all the years to come. I am thankful I have someone very close to me. Someone I can talk to every day, not only about Missy and Ryan, but how our day went and what the future holds. That has been an unexpected blessing.
So...thankful ?...yes... and no.

Now as we say at the Lighthouse.....LLLLLLLETS EAT !!!!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all, Les, Heidi and Will


Guest Book: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Add things to your sidebar here. Use the format:
  • Link Text
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++